Cornelia Păun Heinzel: “Rich teenager, poor teenager” l
translation in english: Andrei Albuş
-Wait to see what happened in Greece, with the girls, in the religious educational program, said a teacher with verve. They were only daughters of rich men, with much money. But the boys from the class which I’m class with at; boys from modest families, when I struggled so much for to obtain free of charge camps to the seaside, weren’t too happy. They came back slim and angry. They didn’t eat almost anything.
– But what could they give them to eat there, because your parents don’t have money, they’re a bit poor. They don’t work , so they live from social help, said a girl astonished. In the last years, all the teenagers that went in our camps came back happy. They were satisfied with the program.
– The boys say that the meal was containing pork steak, rice, mashed potatoes , but they didn’t like anything , the teachers say. Maybe the food was not well made but still, they didn’t need to be picky.
Clementin and his class-mates arrived in the morning at the camp which was at the romanian seaside. The organizers carefully had prepared us breakfast: milk, cereals, Prague ham, Sibiu salami, cheese, bread and butter.
„What is this? I’ve never ate such things in my life. And I can’t eat food which I’m not used to. At home, I eat fried potatoes and vegetable soups. And at school, I eat snacks like back rolls.
His class-mates listened to him with trust and confidence. They were in the same situation. And so, they did the exactly same thing as their leader, Clementin. None of them touched the food.
„Let’s see what they’re going to give us for lunch said the nervous, angry teenager.
„Now, we are going to go to the beach, you can come and swim in the sea,” explain the Association’s instructor, which had to the program with the kids in care.
In ten minutes, they all arrived at the great shore of the Black Sea. The hotel was very close to it.
– I won’t A on the beach. Why , so well cam fry – frying in the sunlight ? What are we, hamburger or sausages? said Clementin angrily. And… This is the sea? That is dirty ! And full of sea weed and weird creatures ! There’s an awful smell in the air! I won’t enter that water at all ! Friends, it would be better to return to our hotel rooms and play on the computer or on the mobile phone.
And all the boys immediately left, angry to the hotel. They started walking towards the hotel.
– Don’t forget to come and eat your lunch ! We shall be waiting for you in the restaurant of the hotel ! said the one responsible the manager for the group, with a gentile loud voice.
The teens entered Clementin’s room and cheerfully chatted on the mobile, the favorite games. The hours passed so fast that they did not even realize it. Suddenly, one of them said in a gruff voice:
– Brothers ! Are we no longer eating ? It’s like lunch time. One of them, said I am hungry. Especially since I did not eat anything in the morning.
„You’re right,” Clementin said. We’re going to the table. Let’s see what he’s going to give us now! That I, one, I do not like what it is cooked serveed here.
The dinding room was arranged for the new guests, with white, clean-faced faces, and fragrant natural flowers in brightly colored glass pots.
– Come on, boys! I do not like the smell of these mimes! the boy said. I will throw them out of here! I hurt ! and he moves the flowers on the free tables, away from its table. His colleagues immedietaly carried out the same maneuvers. Clementine was their leader and was right in everything he did.
At lunch, the first dish was meatball soup. Steam was floating out of the bowls . But not for Clementin..
Making faces, the teenager, shaked his green croaking, through the liquid in the bowl and said angrily,
– What is this ? Rice bulls with meat and pork ! I never had this before, in my life! I can not eat this ! I wered‘t even put then thing im my mouth!
The second was tasty pork (steak) with rice and red cabbage salad.
– What is this rice? I don’t like it ! What, are we Chinese? And haven’t liked pork steak and I won’t like this, said Clementin.
„Maybe you like the alvit,” said the group leader, while the waiters coming with desert plates to the customers’ tables.
Clementin caught the plate and examined it for a long time. Then while marking faces and putting his finger into the sweet contening , and balancing it a few times, he said
– I know exactly what it’s good for ! he said with an ironic grin=smile, while throwing the alvind Marcel’s face who was in front of him an the other side of the table. The teenager got angry at first, especially because the boys started to laugh loudly, and then he repeated the move on the boy standing on his right. In a few seconds, the group started all alvits throwing, just like in the TV show. After that, of course , got into the hotel rooms hungry , because they did not eat anything.
In the evening, by dinner time, Clementin said to his friends:
– We shall not even go to eat the rubbish they give us anymore while
I‘ve discovered looking outside the window I saw a little shop. We get money from all the boys and we go get what we usually, like to eat snacks, chocolats, biscuits and bake rolls…
They howerver , get to walk only a bit outside of the hotel and the goard cought him and got him to the man responsible for the group which said with indignation.
You cannot get out of this building alone and you cannot eat anything else. I am responsable for you safety and for your health while you’re here. If anything happenes to you , if you eat something that’s alterated , I’m responsible.
Clementin came back dissatisfied, grumbling in the room, and playing the games started on the mobile. In the evenings, they als being organized music and dance for the teens in the camp.
Clementin comes back dissatisfied, grumbling in the room, and continues the games started on the mobile. In the evenings, they als being organized music and dance for the teens in the camp.
Clementin came with his group.
The teens were dancing with pleasure, pleased by exciting rhythms.
Slim girls with doll faces were waiting excited to be danced. One of them, was delicate, with blonde hair and blue-eyes, like the sea, she immediately cast a glance at Clementin, who looks attractive, with his contemptuous air looking superior compared to the other teenagers.
– What’s with these girls ? They’re not like the other girls we see on the Internet. I’m not dancing with them ! And, actually, in fact, I don’t even know ! Come on , guys ! let’s go ! What, this is music? Isn’t at all like the ones we’re listening to. They would better put us said the teen!
And the boys went back in their rooms, to play. During all the face days of the comp. Clementin’s group didn’t get out of the room. All the boys were playing on computers all times, while stealthily eating snacks. Because he had many ideas, Clementin once managed to get some bags of snacks. He asked the maid with a crying voice, giving her the money from his friengs :
– Miss, we are very hungry ! Buy as some snacks or bake rolls from the shop ! We can not eat anything else !
On the train platform, at the arrival, their mothers and grandmothers were waiting for them – because two of students of the group, were orphans, they were raised by them. Happy because their children, were coming from the seaside being accommodated at a luxury hotel, for free, a place where the food no chance to take them, because of the financial possibilities; that in why they got them this campfor free.
The teens appeared weak, angry and with saddened faces.
– Did you enjoy the sea? asked one of them out of curiosity. And a boy answered :
-We didn’t like in at all ! The sea great stinking ! And we are so hungry ! We almost starwed to death
The women rugged their beloved children.
And Clementin was shouting so loudly that all the people on the platform could hear :
-Mom, when we arrive home, you must prepare five pots of fries ! And we’ll buy some snacks and bake rolls ! Like home !
– So, how was it, boys ? asked the teacher of the class. I struggled to obtain free tickets for you… I hope you ate and had a lot of fun…
-No, miss. We didn’t know it would be this bad in the camp at the seaside. I will never go again in my life ! I think I’ve lost ten pounds ! We almost starved to death ! consurred Clementin.